Pancetta Herb Gravy Recipe by Bella Gluten Free
Servings: Makes 15 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 1 TBL butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup pancetta or bacon chopped, about 4 slices.
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 3 TBL Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup pan drippings or chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider or dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp sage, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix it Up
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add 1TBL of butter or oil. Add pancetta or bacon and saute until crisp, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Whisk in Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix and and saute for 3–5 minutes until the roux is a light brown and well combined.
- Whisk in broth, pan drippings, wine or cider and herbs. Bring to gravy to a light boil, whisking frequently.
- Lower heat and simmer until gravy reduces to 4 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.