French Onion Soup Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes 6-8
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 60 mins
Onion Soup Recipe:
3 TBL olive oil
3 sweet yellow onions, sliced very thin
1 tsp or more salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 TBL flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped or 1/2 tsp dried
1 bay leaf
8 cups broth, such as beef, onion, mushroom broth
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
4 rolls Bella Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls, sliced in half and toasted
4 slices swiss cheese, or dairy free mozzarella,if desired
Lightly spray 8 muffin tins. Preheat oven to 375 degrees while dough rises.
Prepare one cup of Bella Gluten-Free Rustic Multigrain Dinner Roll Mix. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon divide dough equally between prepared muffin tins.
Let rise for 12-15 minutes while making soup.
French Onion Soup
• In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat oil. Add onions and cook covered over low heat, about 15 minutes.
• Stir in salt, sugar, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, or until onions are a golden brown.
• Add flour and stir to combine, cook for about 3 minutes.
• Add warmed broth and wine to vegetables and simmer partially covered for 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
• Remove bay leaf before serving. Top with multigrain croutons and swiss cheese if desired.