Apple Cider Bourbon Gravy Recipe by Bella Gluten Free
I am always thankful for delicious, flavorful gluten free gravy. Here's one you are going to love.
Servings: Makes 4 cups
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 15 mins
- ½ stick butter or butter alternative
- 1/4 cup Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 16 oz stock, turkey or chicken
- 2 cups turkey pan drippings
- 2 cup apple cider
- 1 oz bourbon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter/butter alternative in a small skillet over medium heat. Add Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix and whisk. Saute for 3–5 minutes until the roux is a light brown and well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth, pan drippings and apple cider to a gentle boil. If you do not have 2 cups of pan drippings, increase your broth to equal 4 cups total.
- Add roux one TBL at a time whisking constantly until you achieve desired thickness.
- Simmer over low heat until gravy reduces to 4 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Add bourbon and season with salt and pepper to taste and let simmer, about 3 minutes. Serve warm.
- To judge the consistency of your gravy, allow a 1 or 2 minutes of whisking between each addition of the roux before adding more. Gravy is ready when it has reduced to about 4 cups and is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon. If your gravy becomes too thick, add more pan drippings or broth. If it is too thin, continue to reduce or add additional roux.