Mouthwatering Onion Rings by Bella Gluten Free
Sweet onions wrapped in a tender yet crunchy shell is the perfect compliment to meat on the grill.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
total: 25 mins
- 1 cup Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
- black pepper to taste
1 large yellow onion such as Vidalia, sliced into rings
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix it Up
- In a medium bowl, whisk Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix water, and eggs. Add herbs and spices and mix to until smooth.
- Slice one large sweet yellow onion crosswise to create rings. Dip each onion ring in batter until coated on all surfaces. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until rings are a light brown and crispy.
- Salt and pepper lightly while hot. Serve warm.