Holiday Mac Nut Pie Recipe by Bella Gluten Free
Add a little melted chocolate and/or whipped cream and move over pecan pie.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 60 mins
1 Flaky Pie Crust made from Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup, grade B
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 TBL melted butter or butter alternative
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 TBL cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate, melted (optional)
Mix it Up
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 9" pie plate.
- Lightly toast mac nuts in a 350 degree oven on a cookie sheet until nuts are a light brown. Prepare pie crust according to pkg instructions. Add to pie plate and crimp the edges of the crust.
- Arrange mac nuts in the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- Whisk together by hand in a medium sized bowl: eggs, sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla, salt, and chocolate (if desired).
- Pour filling into pie crust over mac nuts and bake for 45-55 minutes or until edges puff and the center is set. Let cool before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.