Recently, I have been making pork cutlets out of pork tenderloin meat. You can do the same with chicken or turkey cutlets or even fish. In any case, this crispy dish will hold up to yummy sauces like butter/thyme or lemon/caper sauce. In any case, this crispy dish will hold up to yummy sauces like butter/thyme or lemon/caper sauce
Crispy Cutlets Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes 15 servings.
Prep: 5 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 lb large pork tenderloin, skinless boneless chicken breasts or firm white fish
- 1/3 cup Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut tenderloin into 3/4" thick slices. For chicken breast cut full breast into 4 pieces. Cut fish into 3"wedges. Using a mallet or meat tenderizer, pound meat (not fish) between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, into 1/8" slices. Mix breadcrumbs and cheese (optional) in shallow bowl. Dredge through Bella All Purpose Baking MIx and then dip in beaten egg. Plce in breadcrumb mixture and press to adhere to both sides. Set aside on platter.
- Heat heavy bottom frying pan with 1/4 cup olive oil until oil is hot. Add cutlets making in small batches as not to crowd the pan. Coat for two minutes/side or until meat is done. Keep warm in a 250 degree oven while you prepare other cutlets. When plating Notes on Sauces: Sprinkle each plate with capers, about 1 tsp and lemon slices or add 4 TBL butter to pan with 2 tsp fresh chopped thyme to pan and reduce slowly until thickens. Add to top of cutlet.