Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Fresh, hot cookies are a great dessert offering for the holidays. I like to make a batch and freeze it in 1 1/2" long rolls wrapped in parchment then plastic wrap. Then when I need a fresh baked dessert, I simple slice and bake. Makes 24-36 cookies.
Servings: Makes 3 doz
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or butter alternative
- 1 3/4 cup sugar, (I like to use evaporated cane juice)
- 2 eggs or egg alternative (see package for substitution)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a small pan, add 3 TBL sugar to 2 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar for until soft and blended. Add eggs, extracts and stir until combined. Add Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll dough into balls (desired size) and dip into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Let set up on cookie tray for 5 minutes before removing.