Linzertorte Cookies Recipe - Gluten- Free
I found that it was very easy to convert my old recipe with Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Mix. The lemon peel, orange peel and cinnamon gives these cookies a lovely holiday twist. The simple raspberry jam filling finishes them off nicely. Yum!
Servings: Makes 20-24 cookies
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 22 mins
- 16 TBL butter or butter alternative
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 cup almond meal (if allergy use an additional cup of All Purpose Mix
- ƒor Filling: Seedless Raspberry Jam or jam of choice
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, fruit zest and almond extract and combined until incorporated.
- Add Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix and almond meal and mix just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 45 minutes. Dough can be frozen until ready to use.
- Divide well chilled dough into 2 parts. Between parchment, roll out each part to about 1/8" thick.Use a little of Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix if needed. Cut first dough part into desired shapes using a cookie cutter of choice. Cut the second dough part into the same shape and then cut a smaller shape in center. Reroll the dough and use again for more cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned. REmove from oven and let cool. Add 1/2 tsp. of raspberry jam to the top of uncut cookie. Add the second cookie with the cut center to the top and press slightly. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.