Life gets busy. When you need something nutritious for awesome energy on the run, grab a couple of your own homemade Protein Bars! These Bella Gluten-Free Blueberry Scone Mix protein bars couldn’t be easier. They require very little prep time, they keep very well, and are deliciously satisfying!
Servings: Makes 6 Bars
Prep: 5 mins
Total: 25 mins
Use 1 BELLA GLUTEN-FREE Make-in-Minutes YUMMY BLUEBERRY SCONE MIX (follow recipe directions on the package for the egg, butter and milk amounts)
4 Tablespoons additional milk, or a milk alternative
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Meal
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar ( we used coconut sugar finely powdered in a small food processor)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare cooking sheet by adding a greased (best to use cooking spray) sheet of parchment paper on top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the contents of Bella Gluten-Free Yummy Blueberry Scone Mix and the 2 Tablespoons of Flax Seed Meal.
- Now prepare the Yummy Blueberry Scone mix (with Flax Seed Meal added) as directed on the package - AND add the extra 4 tablespoons of milk. TIP: - Place butter into the freezer for 15-30 minutes to get mega cold) then use a block cheese grater (large hole side) to grate the cold butter into the dry mix and coat grated pieces well with the baking mix before adding the wet ingredients. While baking the grated butter will emit steam creating moisture and small pockets of yummy goodness in the baked product!!).
- Mix all ingredients well. Using wet fingertips to form a 1-2 inch high and shaped like a rectangle. Use pastry scraper or sharp knife (dipped in small amount of water) to create straight edges to cut approx. 6 inch long bars
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and dust the tops of each bar generously.
- Bake Protein bars for 20 minutes.
Voila! Bella Gluten-Free Yummy Blueberry Scones made into nutritious and delicious Breakfast Bars!!
*Just adding the Flax Seed Meal increased the nutritional value with an additional 2 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. Try adding sunflower seeds, pumpkins seeds, or chia seeds, acai berries, or goji berries or, apples or bananas or almonds or pecans or…the delicious and nutritious possibilities are endless!