Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies by Bella Gluten-Free
Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mixmakes this simple cookie recipe a 20 minute affair from start to finish. Adding toast coconut to a classic chocolate chip gluten-free cookie adds just the right summer touch. Of course, if coconut is a problem, eliminate it from the recipe and you will still have an awesome chocolate chip cookie. And dairy-free/casein-free is always an option. Don't forget to take advantage of our SHIP4LESS special. One bag of Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix makes at least 2 batches (18 large in each) with some mix left over.
Servings: Makes 15 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or butter alternative
- 1 3/4 cup sugar, (I like to combine 1 cup evaporated cane juice or regular sugar and 3/4 cup brown sugar for a richer taste)
- 2 eggs or egg alternative (see package for substitution)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup gluten-free chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 cups Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted lightly for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a small pan, toast 1/4 cup coconut flakes until light brown, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar for until soft and blended. Add eggs, extracts and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips, coconut, Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix and baking powder and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll dough into balls (desired size) and dip top into toasted coconut. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.