Blackberry Coconut Milk Cake Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Serve in the morning with coffee or after dinner with ice cream. This beautiful cake is worth the heat. I guarantee it.
Servings: Makes 10 servings
Prep: 12 mins
Total: 1.5 hours
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups fresh berries such blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter or butter alternative
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar such as organic evaporated cane juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk alternative
- 1 TBL lemon juice
- Confectioner's Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray and line bottom of 9" spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute 1/3 cup of brown sugar to lined spring form pan. Add berries evenly to the sugar. Set pan aside.
- Add lemon juice to coconut milk or preferred milk alternative. Let sit for 5 minutes until it becomes lumpy. Some fat free milks will not form lumps.
- With a kitchen aid or stand mixer, blend butter and and sugar together for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time just until incorporated. Add extract and blend.
- In medium bowl, whisk together Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix, baking powder and baking soda. Alternate adding milk and flour mixtures to batter and stir in until batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into spring form pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center is set. Let cool for 10 minutes. Invert pan onto a cake plate and peel off parchment paper. Dust generously with powdered sugar while still warm. Let cool before cutting.
- Adding lemon to you milk alternative will create a dairy free buttermilk. The fattier the milk the more clumps you will see.