Multigrain Waffles with Eggs Benedict Recipe by Bella Gluten Free
Just add some buckwheat flour and flax or chia seed to our waffle recipe mix and top it with a ham, spinach and a poached egg, and you'll have a well balanced meal that will have everyone smiling.
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 15 mins
- 1 cup Bella Gluten Free all Purpose Baking Mix
- ¼ cup buckwheat or sorghum flour
- 3 TBL ground flax seed meal
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBL sugar or honey
- 3 TBL melted butter, butter alternative
- 2 eggs, separated or flax seed meal egg equivalent
- 1 cup water, milk or milk alternative
Mix It Up
Preheat and light grease waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together cooled butter, room temperature eggs, water or milk/alternative and sweetener.
- Add egg mixture to dry a little at a time until well blended.
- Pour 1/3 cup of mixture over preheated and greased waffle grid. Close lid and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat.
- Add lightly sauted spinach and or sliced ham and a poached egg to top of waffle. Serve with warm syrup or a side of hollandaise sauce.