Pumpkin Spice Quickbread Recipe by Bella Gluten Free
Frosted or plain, there is no trick to this wonderful treat. One recipe makes two large loaves.
Servings: Makes 30 servings.
Prep: 15 mins
Total: 50 mins
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup veggie oil such as grapeseed or canola
- 1 can pure pumpkin (if using fresh use scant 2 cups)
- 3 cups Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Zest of one orange
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
• Whip eggs and sugar together in mixer or with whisk for 3 minutes until fluffy.
• Add vanilla, oil and pumpkin and blend.
• In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend. Add to egg mixture. Whisk just until blended.
Fold in raisins and chocolate chips.
• Divide between prepared pans and bake for 35- 45 minutes until knife comes out clean. Serve warm or let cool and frost with your favorite butter cream.