Ellie’s Banana Bread Recipe by Bella Gluten-Free
Servings: Makes 12
Prep: 10 mins
Total: 1 and 10 mins
¼ cup potato starch or cornstarch
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
pinch of salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened (or butter alternative)
½ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs (or egg alternative)
3 large very ripened bananas
½ cup applesauce
pinch of cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Sift together Bella Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside dry ingredient mix.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar using a hand held or standup electric mixer.
- Add in the eggs and beat again until well combined.
- In a third bowl, mash the bananas, applesauce and cinnamon together using either a potato masher or a fork. Mash as well as you can so no lumps remain.
- Beat the banana mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture in batches, beating well each time to mix. It will be quite a thick batter. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and the middle is cooked through so an inserted toothpick wipes away clean. Serve either warm or cool.